Friday, January 22, 2016


It's letter day!
The sisters in my Zone
Behind me clockwise Soeur VanAuker,
Soeur Kelly, Soeur Stephens, Soeur Wadsworth
Soeur Clark, Soeur Johnson, Soeur Burgoyne
and Soeur Springer


Bonjour Tout le monde! Comment Ça va?
I am doing amazing!! Life is fantastic here in the MTC. There really is no place I'd rather be.
Cool thing about the MTC, it's one step above a church building and one step below a temple! I'm constantly walking on sacred ground! no wonder elders and sisters are able to learn languages in such a short amount of time! 

Again, so much happened this week! They kind of all just blurred together so here are the things I remember haha (thank you journal!)

So to start, we had the AMAZING opportunity to hear the always wonderful Janice Capp Perry! She is a hoot! She told some great stories and her husband even kissed her on the stage! it was definitely too much excitement for one day haha. But the coolest thing ever was when everyone at the MTC sang the EFY medley (as sisters in zion and will bring the world his truth) it was SO powerful!  You could totally feel the truthfulness in the words. It was super awesome.

This week we had some pretty awesome opportunities to hear from some great general authorities! On Tuesday we had the chance to hear from Elder Falabella of the 70. He talked to us about teaching families and being willing to open our mouths. He also talked a lot about how our purpose as missionaries is to teach repentance and baptize converts. I thought the statement "teach repentance, baptize converts" was a really interesting one that was said about the purpose of missions. It hit me that what we are doing as missionaries is not focusing on baptisms, even though they're pretty nice, out job is to work with the investigators and to help them to be converted to Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. We don't want to baptize our amis (friends/investigators) and then have them leave after! Our goal is to get life long members that way the gospel can bless them and their family for generations to come. That is why missionary work is so important! It is something that lasts through out the eternities and can benefit for years to come!

On Wednesday I got to be a host missionary! I got to stand out on the curb and help the new missionaries! The new missionaries were all so cute and so excited to be here! They were also pretty nervous, but I see them walking around and after just 3 days they are doing great! Being a host reminded me of when I was a "bleu" (as we are called in France). I got to the MTC and was that awkward kid (like normal) walking around with a girl I had just met who was supposed to be my best friend, eating this food that was NOTHING like my mommas home cooked food and attempting to speak a language that I didn't even know! Despite all the crazy, I was so incredibly happy! And I will let you in on a little secret, as soon as I stepped foot on the sidewalk after leaving the car, I wasn't crying, I wasn't even sad, just incredibly happy and so full of excitement! I get to host again on Wednesday and I'm SUPER excited (:

Wednesday was a pretty busy day! We got to teach TRC! TRC is where you go and teach the missionary lessons to real members who speak French. It was a blast! It was definitely hard, but so much fun. Souer Clark and I taught about enduring to the end and it was pretty good! It was fun to be told by members that we have good French and see their faces when we told them that we had been at the MTC for only 2 weeks (:

Wednesday was just a highlight in so many ways! haha On Wednesday we also had the opportunity to go to the mission-wide broadcast where we got to listen to a bunch of general authorities talk about "teach repentance, baptize converts." It was awesome! Some things that stood out to me were
-they focused a lot on our role as missionaries and working with the Holy Ghost. We are not the teachers, the Holy Ghost is and as much as we want the investigator to just feel the holy ghost we can't force it upon them because our role as missionaries is to INVITE.
-Teach Families
-It doesn't matter if the person you're teaching is an investigator or a less-active/part member family, we treat them all the same.
It was pretty neat to listen to general authorities testify of the truthfulness of this work. I am really grateful to be a part of it!

So the last thing I am going to talk about is something not so glorious! This week we had to move classrooms. (keep in mind that we spend more time in the classrooms than we do in our bedrooms) I came up with the comparison that everyone has been using because 1) It's extremely accurate and 2) as missionaries everything we say in some way revolves around the gospel. So here is it! We moved from the "garden of Eden" to the "Telestial Kingdom." Our old building had a BEAUTIFUL view of Utah and was just awesome! The old one smelled nice and has multiple bathrooms but the new one smells awful, has a problem with mice, and has only one bathroom! It is also one of the oldest rooms on campus.. But it's an adventure and I'm sure that after this, France will be like Heaven! OK, lets be real, France is the equivalent of Heaven already (;

Well, I just want to end with a little advice for anyone considering a mission.
DO IT! Missionary work is one of the GREATEST things I have ever been involved in. Missionary work makes you so happy! I have never been so full of pure happiness ever, and as soon as I set foot here in the MTC I was instantly happy. Now don't get me wrong, missionary work is SO HARD! It's the hardest thing I have done. There are times when you have a crappy lesson or you're late or didn't prepare for a lesson very well or when you pray and mix up your words (when you're learning a new language) and pray for your investigator to be hurt by the spirit instead of blessed with the spirit and you just feel like a failure . But despite all that, YOU CAN DO IT! As a missionary you are blessed to have angels around you to lift you up, and even better, you are on the Lord's team! When you're on the Lord's team you can't lose! How great is that?!

Well, that's my little monologue...
I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for each one of you! I love reading your letters and hearing what is going on in your life. You are all so amazing! Keep it up. Don't be afraid to open your mouth and share the gospel (which literally means "good news").

Until next week, 
Soeur Keagan Robb

Weekly Scripture:
Alma 48: 

OK- Isn't Captain Moroni just amazing?! I love in verse 17 where it says that the if everyone were like unto Moroni the very powers of Hell would shake and Satan would have no power of the hearts of the children of men. HOW COOL?! I just want to challenge you all to read those verses and ponder this week how you can be more like Captain Moroni. Lets strive to be that person that when we get out of bed in the morning Satan says "Oh no! She's/he's awake!"

Companionship study with Soeur Clark

Care Package Selfie,Thanks for the Valentines Glasses, thanks Nana and Pop's!!


Elders Liddle (standing) and Davis (sitting) they
call themselves "The Future Apostles"
As Missionaries we have the "force" (;
Soeur Springer

No comments:

Post a Comment