Sunday, January 17, 2016

Here is the email week got this Friday.

Holy cow! Week 2 already? I can't believe how quickly time is going. It honestly seems like just yesterday that i came into the MTC! Days seem like weeks and weeks seem like days. Around here, the pack your schedule full of so many things that you can't remember if you did something during lunch, this morning, yesterday, or a week ago! But it's the best. I have already learned so much! 

So because there was so much going on I am going to apologize in advance for the lengthy letter! 

So this week my comp. Sister Clark and I got to teach our first "investigator." Here at the MTC we get to teach 3 different teachers and then we do what is call TRC where we get to teach members. So this week Sister Clark and I taught Francois. Francois is a Baptist from Paris who has 2 sons Jerry and Rudy and he works in the evenings as a counselor for troubled teens with alcohol and drug addictions. When we first met him we decided it would be good to teach him about prayer and honestly, he was the golden investigator! He kept his commitment to pray daily until our next appointment. The next appointment was terrible. We went in and forgot to pray with him, and then we just went in and talked about a bunch of stuff on the restoration but didn't think about how it applied to him and how it would help his needs. Needless (haha) to say, he basically told us (with as much as we could understand..) "that's a cool story but how does that apply to me? Why is this important?" It really caused us to re-think what Francois needed at this time. We went back, prayed and then went in with the spirit to the next appointment and Francois opened up to us and we in turn were able to help him with some of the issues he was having. The rest of the lessons from then on were fantastic! It was awesome to be able to help someone. We even committed him to read the book of mormon and he said yes! We get to meet with him again on Tuesday and see if he followed through! We also will get feed back on how well we taught him the lessons.. haha 

This week had a rocky start with classes..My district was supposed to have 2 teachers and we ended up only having 1. There were some schedule problems because a  group of missionaries had to stay at the MTC for 2 extra weeks (which would be terrible I think) and our teacher was teaching them. I was really frustrated at first because I didn't think it was fair that I was being pushed back because a group of missionaries had to stay longer but then I repented, prayed and things got better because I got the BEST teacher ever! His name is Frere (brother) Keenan. He has been home from his mission for about 1.5 years and is amazing!! He has the same humor as Dad so he can always count on me to laugh at his jokes haha. He is also so in tune with the spirit and knows exactly what to say. He did an interview with me and just in that prayer to open the interview he addressed all my concerns and challenges right now and then we were able to talk about them (and of course I bawled). He knew exactly what to say and I could feel the Spirit testifying to me that what he was telling me was what my Father in Heaven wanted me to know. It was definitely a cool experience! Starting Monday my classes should be back on schedule. But now I honestly don't feel like I was set at a disadvantage with having only 1 teacher. I was blessed from it to 1) be able to learn the language quicker and 2) to be able to comprehend thoroughly what was being taught. So I consider myself pretty darn lucky (:

Another cool thing that happened this week was that Elder Neil L. Anderson came and spoke to us on Tuesday! It was SO cool! He came and spoke to us on the Doctrine of Christ and opening our mouths. As a missionary, everything we testify about should be about Christ. After being at that devotional Sister Clark and I decided that in our lessons with investigators that we should talk more about Christ, so that is our goal for the next  weeks (:

So I got a calling this week in my branch! I am now the branch music coordinator! Pretty cool. I get to pick a special musical numbers each week and then pick and conduct the songs en Francais. It's kind of tricky but it'll be lots of fun! 

Honestly so much has happened in these last 7 days that  I can't remember everything and my journal is no help haha. 

But remember that I love you all! I am so grateful for you love and support and most importantly your prayers! When I feel down or am missing home I can feel the prayers of you wonderful people and they keep me going (: 

Don't forget that you are all children of a Heavenly Father who loves you SO much! I love you so much too!

Don't you forget about me (tune of don't you from Breakfast Club)
-- 
Soeur Keagan Robb

Scripture of the week:
 3 Nephi 5:13
Don't ever forget that we are all in this great work together (members and missionaries). As missionaries, we would not be near as successful as we are without you awesome members! We are all disciples of Jesus Christ here to declare his word so that others can have the same blessings we have. Doesn't the gospel make you so happy? Then share with someone why you love it and why it makes you happy and maybe it will make them happy too (:


P I C T U R E S  P A R T  1 :
This is the drawing I made of my district. The stick figures surprisingly look SUPER close to the actual people haha.
(I couldn't figure out how to change the picture... But from Right to Left this is Me, Sister Kelly, Sister Clark and Sister Wadsworth
I have become a proficent selfie-taker with my digital camera! Aren't Soeur Clark and I so cute!?

Don't you love these pictures! don't worry, they don't stop here (; more pictures are coming

No comments:

Post a Comment