Monday, May 2, 2016

Oh Poop!

Hey everyone! How is it going? Great I hope.
I hope you all enjoyed fast sunday. Its always great to have a chance to testify of our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. As a missionary, all we do is testify of our Savior Jesus Christ, His life and His gift for all humanity. Lemme tell yah, there is nothing I would rather be doing, that is for sure!

So this week was quite an adventure week. We did a little bit of everything, but the best was we got 100 conversations this week! CRAZY!

Monday we got to do some REAL porting haha. I say real because we got to port houses! I just kinda found this place on a map and said that it might be fun to try contacting there and when we got there we were surprised that they were all houses! Its been a blast. We get a LOT of rejections, but no one has slammed the door in our faces yet, so there is something good (:

Tuesday we went to Saint Croix and visited a member. When we got there guess what happened?? IT WAS SNOWING! I was not very excited but Sœur Andersen was haha. We had a good visit with the member. The family is a convert family of like 5 years. They are amazing.The wife gave me her conversion story and sometime I will translate and send it so you can read it. It`s amazaing!
We also got to teach Concetta!! It was my last lesson with her because I will be heading to France (my 89 days in suisse are up on 9 May 😢) and she cant meet with us until may 10th! But I have lots of hope that she will accept the gospel. We taught her the first part of the plan of salvation and ended with the atonement and she was very touched by that. Especially the Atonement (which is my FAVORITE gospel subject 😊)  

Wednesday we got to see Sœur Frene and guess what.. SHE READ SOME OF THE BOOK OF MORMON ON HER OWN! She is progressing! I Love it. I really hope she comes back. The Church needs her.
then we continued porting where we did on monday and got a couple RDVs fixed for the coming week.

Thursday we got to meet with a cute lady named Vivian. She owns a Jamacian shop in Yverdon and invited us over to teach her a little bit. After that we were able to read the book of mormon with her and we fixed a RDV with her for this Thursday.
After that we went to a Relief Society activity and guess who came? Sœur Frene! She is making such good progress.

Friday was a fun day.. We started off at the farm where we got to clean MORE poop haha. They had the teenage cows break something and we had to clean the pen so that they could get in and fix it. Needless to say, we smelled awful. The funniest part of that though was that on the bus ride home, all the teenagers going home for lunch thought it might be fun to sit next to the pretty girls at the back of the bus but boy were they wrong!! It was so funny. When we ran past them all to get off at our stop they all made groaning noises from how bad we smelled hahaha
We then went home and had our appartement inspected and we pasted! That was exciting (:
We also got to pass by some less actives and amis.

Saturday was not really eventful until the evening haha. Saturday we saw Sœur Frene again and she of course was still doing haha. Then we ported. We came home exhausted to find the moving elders at our house ready to help us clear unwanted things out and we had them help us rearrange our appartement... I mean, what else are they there for haha just kidding. They did and our appartement looks AMAZING!! And dont worry, we provided them with PB&J sandwiches and all the other necessities that Young elders might need the night before Fast Sunday.

Sunday was interesting and exciting. We went to Church and like I said before, loved the testimony meeting. After Church we went to the Pires family home for lunch. Sœur Pires is AMAZING and a really good cook.. haha she made us really good rice and black beans with chicken and it is legit my favorite thing and something I will miss from Suisse so much. We also got to teach her less active daughter! It was cool to teach with her. She knows the Church is true, I dont know what is keeping her from coming. I hope that Sœur Andersen and whoever comes in to replace me can help figure that out!
After that we came home and had just enough time to do personal study and let the food digest a little before the bishop and his family came and picked us up for a soirée familial (FHE) chez eux (At their house). We had the soirée familial with an ami named Olivier who doesnt want to meet with us. It was on the importance of tithing and finances. After that we were all talking and Olivier just blirts out <<So I have a question, what do I have to do to be baptized?>> WHAT? We were so excited. We went through everything and the importance of meeting with missionaries. We found out that the thing holding him back from meeting with us is that his family is against the Church and he loves his family. We told him that he always had the ward as his family, but I cant imagine my family hating a big life decision I was making. He told us that he would think about it and let us know if he would like to meet with us or not. We are praying so hard that everything will go well and that we can teach him! He is solid and has been coming to Church for over 4 months. He is ready. We told him to pray about the Book of Mormon and that if he did that he would get an answer but that when he did get an answer he has to act on it. Hopefully everything works out for the best! He would be a great member.

Well, that is all that has happened! I am really looking forward to Skype on sunday!! Cant wait to see my family for the first time in like 5 months!
I love you all and cant wait to tell you where the Lord will take me next (:

Good luck and be good (:
Sister Robb

Weekly Scripture:
Mark 5:25-34
In this scripture a woman has a blood issue that has caused her a lot of grief but she has the faith that if she can touch the hem of Christ`s clothes she will be healed. And she was! Isn`t that amazing? I just wanted to share a quick quote that I loved as I was studying this story this week. It is from a talk in the March 2008 Engisn titled <<One Among the Crowd>> by Elder Dennis B. Neuenschwander. He said:
<<All of us are among the crowds of this world. Almost all of us are like the woman who, despite the crowd, comes to the Savior. We all have faith that just a touch will bring Healing to our aching souls and relief to our innermost needs. In all of life`s circumstances let us quietly and resolutely press forward to the Savior, having faith that He cares about us and has the power to heal and save us.>>
Because of the Atonement, we all can be healed of whatever is ailing us. That is true always, even when we dont feel like were worthy of that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment